Sunday, November 30, 2014

Notes on Pune (or Pune as seen at 60 km/h).

A few weeks ago in this post, I shared with you all some photos (and a small video) of the little village that's close to my school, Paud.

As I said last time, Paud is about fifteen minutes away from MUWCI and it is where we sometimes go for dinner and spend our evenings. Today I want to talk to you about the city that's closest to us, Pune.

Pune City is about an hour away from Campus by car, and that is where almost every weekend, we get Starbucks, eat Chili's, go to the movies and shop at Phoenix Mall. Or, we buy cereal, fruits and other yummy treats at MG Road's Dorabjee's


Going to Pune is an experience on its own. 

First of all, because the ride feels infinite and since we do a week's worth of shopping when we go there, and we take some time off to relax with good food & movies, we try to stay there for a whole day, so it ends up feeling like a weekend's outing instead of a quick shopping spree.


Then, since the Jeeps and buses that take us from the school to Pune leave us at MG Road...we have to take a rickshaw from there to Phoenix Mall (a good 20 minutes away), and trust me, bargaining with about 40 drivers at a time is an art. Not to mention that we have learned how to fit all our bags, backpacks and friends into a tiny car that makes as much noise as if it was spitting its whole engine out. But oh, what would Pune be without its rickshaws? And what would we be without our weekend fun?


And finally, there's so much dirt in Pune that you know that all of next week's showers are not going to be enough to take it all away, and traffic is so loud that you wonder how you can still hear yourself thinking. Even then though, we wouldn't trade our trips to Pune for the world, because even with their ups and downs...we love them.

Before I say goodbye, I will leave you guys a small video of one of my trips to Pune (on what seems to be a pretty calm and common day). I hope you guys like it and (as always), thanks so much for reading.

 

Next week I will start posting about my recent trip to Paris and my plans for the winter, so do try to keep in touch. It still surprises me how my life is full of amazing things (and even more amazing people) ♡.

No comments:

Post a Comment